Petite Miniature Textiles – Biennial Exhibition
4 June – 17 July 2016
Our fifth biennial Petite – Miniature Textiles exhibition goes from strength to strength, with artists from around the country participating in this project, displaying contemporary textiles that are no larger than 30x30x30cm.
Techniques and themes exploring everything from the joy of pure colour, texture and decoration, through to more serious contemplation on environmental and social issues and elements that propel textiles into the realm of art.
- Entry is $20 (inc GST) per artwork
- Artists may submit up to 3 works for selection
- Size of work/s STRICTLY must not exceed 30 x 30 x 30cm (including framing and/or display mechanisms) PLEASE NOTE: If selected works at time of installation are found to exceed these measurement the Gallery reserves the right to reject the work.
- submitted work/s must have been completed in the past 2 years
- submissions must include: a completed entry form, a brief CV or artist’s biography, jpeg files of the work/s for selection (file name: surname-title of work.jpeg) images must be of completed works, including any framing
- submissions must be received by 5pm Friday 18 March 2016. Email submissions WILL be accepted
- Artists will be notified of their selection by Friday 22nd April 2016
- Selected works must arrive at the Gallery by Monday 23 May 2016 or by prior arrangement
- The works may be for sale – Gallery takes 20% Commission
- Artists are responsible for ALL transport/postage costs including return transport/postage. Return postage MUST come with work or transport MUST be organised before end of exhibiton.
The Gallery takes no responsibility for the return of artworks
image: Mollie Rice, Ordered Internal Structure, 2013, From Pettie Miniature Textile Exhibition 2013, Wangaratta Art Gallery Collection.